Before You Start
Make sure you have Public and Private API keys to use as part of the setup process
- Go to BigCommerce Applications Marketplace and press on "Get This App" button.
- Enter to your store and press on install button on the application widget.
- Enter the public and private API keys in the appropriate fields in settings panel (see below). You will receive two different sets of keys from ChargeAfter from Sandbox and Production environments.
- Choose the appropriate integration environment. We strongly recommend to test your solution in the Sandbox environment before promoting it to Production environment.
- Press Submit button to apply the changes for your store.
Why Is This Needed?
BigCommerce requests that a new payment method replaces an existing unused payment method. The documentation shows how to override the option to pay with a Check. If this is an option you need, contact the ChargerAfter merchant onboarding team for guidance.
- In your store portal navigate to Store Setup ->Payments. Open the drop-down with offline methods and click on setup button of the Check payment method.
- Setup the payment method:
- Change the display name from Check to "Pay Later" (or any other entry name you want to appear on your checkout page, in coordination with the ChargeAfter merchant onboarding team).
- Select "United States" under the available countries drop-down
In your store portal, navigate to Advanced Settings -> Account Signup Form -> Address Fields. Make sure that following settings are enabled:
- Phone Number - the checkbox for “Yes this field is required” is set
- State/Province - the checkbox for “Yes this field is required” is set
- In your store portal navigate to Advanced Settings->Checkout. In the Checkout Type section, make sure that "Optimized One-Page Checkout" option is selected.
- Now you are ready to go!
- Try out the functionality in sandbox environment (Need test data? contact us to receive relevant test data)
- Use the Promotional financing widget to optimize the use of your financing solution
Updated 5 months ago